Wednesday, December 9, 2009

You've Gotta Be Squashin' Me

I might be excited and a little scared with this one: my first blog post since I decided to change things up! Here goes!

For breakfast this morning, I blessed myself with some Whipped Banana Oatmeal that I found on Katheats.com. The girl has an ENTIRE tribute to oatmeal! Honestly, I’ve always had a love-hate relationship with the food. I KNOW it’s amazing for me, but I just never found a way to dig the flava…until now! Check out Kath’s take on oatmeal and some really yummy recipes!


Anyway, I am super excited today because I have (drum roll please…) Kabocha Squash! That’s right a whole squash for lunch…and I can’t wait! I absolutely love roasted squash, and it’s so easy to do! For this batch, I just cut it in half and scooped out the seeds. I’ve found it’s so much easier to seed a squash if you just drag the tip of a knife around the seed area, THEN scoop! You can cut it however you’d like, but I just did some vertical strips like this:


Drizzle on about 2 teaspoons of olive oil, a little salt and pepper to taste, and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Just make sure you hit every surface of the squash with the oil, then roast at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes on each side. Done and done!


I’m also planning on eating half of this bad boy today:


Chocolove is a Boulder based company, and I have not found a better dark chocolate than their Extra Strong Dark bar (77% cocoa…be still my heart!). It’s simply a phenomenal product, and every time I see these baby bars at Whole Foods I get one. I love to just let the chocolate melt in my mouth because it lasts longer that way!

Snack is going to be a non-pictured Blueberry Oikos Greek yogurt!

Today at work is fairly slow, so I’m just dreaming of what’s going to happen to the tilapia filets I have defrosting in the fridge! I’m thinking maybe something with a little Southwest flair perhaps…

2 comments:

  1. love me some squash! have yet to try kabocha. also, hurry up with that tilapia idea. I have some filets begging for something different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the chocolove recommendation! :)

    ReplyDelete