Friday, December 18, 2009

Breathe Easy Friday

Deep breath in…annnnnnd release out.

It’s Friday!

I saw the phrase “Breathe Easy” on a truck on the way in to work this morning, and it was such a great reminder. I mean, it’s Friday, I only have 3 days of work next week, it’s almost Christmas…why not breathe easy?

Last night was crazy. I stayed way way WAY past my bedtime and work up early this morning for some yoga. Didn’t get around to the upper body workout (anyone shocked?) because Nate and I were wrapping and taping and cutting all.night.long. However, the puppers weren’t so busy and therefore napped the whole time.

Bunker loves to sleep in this chair!


And Keira will sleep anywhere that there’s the possibility of snuggling:


Also, I’m so lame, but I forgot to mention that we watched the last game of the UT vs Minnesota NCAA semi-final volleyball match! I adore volleyball, it makes me happy ☺ and I was so glad to watch this game. Destinee Hooker (from UT) played on the all-state team with my little sister, so it’s been pretty cool to watch her success over the past few years. Finals are on Saturday, so I think I know what I’ll be doing for our après ski event ☺

Here is the start of the pile of gifts we wrapped:


And this morning I had one of the best mugs ‘o’ oatmeal I’ve had all week:


Following Kath’s recipe for whipped banana oatmeal with some minor changes:
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 2/3 cup water (I’ve learned that in this high altitude a little more water is needed for consistency’s sake)
  • 1 banana, sliced very thinly
  • 1 Tbsp dried cherries
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 Tbsp milled flax seed
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 Tbsp toasted walnuts (toast in a pan over low heat for 5-10 minutes, until nuts are slightly brown and fragrant)
  • 1 Tbsp almond butter

It was perfect, and I ate the whole thing!

Lunch today will consist of some sort of concoction with these three items:


A sweet potato, 2 tomatoes, and an apple…I’m thinking bake the sweet potato, seed the tomatoes and melt a little mozzarella on them, and eat the apple whole. Sounds like a plan!

Later today the company is having a Fesitvus Party inspired by Seinfeld. Great thing is it’s going to be waste free and likely have fantastic food! I will be taking pictures, so get excited. It's going to be a Festivus for the rest of us!

One more thing: I’m thinking of changing my blog to from Blogger to Wordpress since it appears to be easier to leave comments that way. Does anyone have any advice either way?

Alrighty, it’s off to work I go! Y’all have a great Friday!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog today! I look forward to reading more of yours!

    Switching from blogger to wordpress is super easy. Then, once you are on wordpress, there is a bit of a learning curve but you should really like all of the options. If you need help going self hosted as well, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I didn't like about wordpress is I couldn't change the html without buying a package or something. I got frustrated with it because I'm used to blogger so I decided to stay. I agree with it being easier to post comments though!

    ReplyDelete