Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Dinner That Would Have Been Tilapia

Good (late) evening! So yes, the blogging thing...a little more work than I thought! BUT I will say that Luke 1:45 is a massive encouragement: Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her will be accomplished!

I believe I can, I believe I can!

We are so lucky we get to take our sweet puppies to work! Bunker is so expressive with his eyes...I love it!


And Keira wasn't so sure what to think about the camera being pointed at her, but she's going to have to get used to it in this family!


Tonight we ended up hanging out with some of our absolute best friends, and had ELK BURGERS!!! I really like elk meat, and these were phenomenal! With a huge salad and a sugar free ice cream bar for desert, it was a perfect!


However, since I had already thawed out the tilapia filets, I really wanted to make something with them for lunch tomorrow. Enter seared tilapia with a low fat cream sauce, spinach, mushrooms, and ravioli! Not truly the healthiest lunch but tomorrow's dinner is some rockin' marinara with not a lick of fat and a TON of shredded veggies and some whole wheat pasta.

For the tilapia (not pictured) I just heated a nonstick pan over medium heat and seared the filets on each side, 3 minutes per side, with just a pinch of salt!


For the cream sauce, 1 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp flour, 1 cup of nonfat milk. Melt the butter and whisk in the flour, whisking for 2-3 minutes. Then whisk in the milk and simmer (whisking constantly) for 5-7 minutes, until sauce coats the back of the spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, pinch of salt and pepper, and about 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg. Then I stirred in 3/4 of a bag of spinach and 1/2 a package of sliced mushrooms, covering with a lid for 5 minutes. This can be served over any kind of pasta, but I chose ravioli because I felt like it!


Super excited for some oatmeal tomorrow morning, and a Pyramid Upper Body workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment