Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Can You Ever Just Be Whelmed?

Anyone remember that line from 10 Things I Hate About You? 'Cause I am definitely feeling quite OVERwhelmed with life right now! There's just so much going on, busy season at work (winter snows + working for a ski apparel company = BUSY), plus just trying to get ready to leave town is really wearing on me. Also, it's supposed to snow anywhere from 4-9 inches over the next couple of days, which makes leaving town a little more difficult. C'est la vie, right?

We got home from work tonight, and Nate reached for an Old Chub, and I got out the fixin's for a lower calorie and cheap version of my favorite cocktail: a Cape Cod. I like cranberry juice, but we found this knock-off Crystal Light cranberry cocktail at Walmart, and just mix it with some cheap vodka and VOILA! A cheap and low cal Cape Cod!


Served in one of out "fancy" glasses :)


As I said before, we had the Last-Minute Lasagna I read about on Tina's blog. We needed to use up some chicken breasts, so Nate seasoned 'em up with a nice little mix of spices and cooked them low and slow on the stove while the "lasagna" baked.

In the meantime, we found out we had a package at the door! Another Christmas present from Jack and Linda, some cookies from Honolulu Cookie Company! Holy goodness, we don't need cookies, but they're shortbread, which equals extra deliciousness!

Some artsy package pics:



I love love love taking pictures of layered cakes at the weddings we photograph, so I got excited about this one too:


Time for dinner! I know, there are no veggies to be found, but honestly we have no time for the grocery store today, so meat/pasta/sauce/cheese it is:


We did, however, serve it on appetizer plates, so the portion size was good even though there was a slight lack of nutrients!

Dessert was JUST the cookie:


I might be partaking of this little Malibu tomorrow after work. OK, fine, I will most definitely be partaking! This cookie is the Kona Coffee cookie from Honolulu Cookie Company, delicious!

Alright, I'm off to bake some treats for work and do laundry! Y'all have a fabulous night, and wreck 'em!


Anyone remember that line from 10 Things I Hate About You?

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sometimes veggies are just nowhere to be found. I'm having one of those nights myself. :)

    Thanks for stopping by! Do you still live in Dallas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally don't remember that line... but I love the movie!

    Your lasagna looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete