Thursday, December 17, 2009

Blog Envy

It’s lunchtime! Finally! I thought it would never come ☺

Lunch today is organic black bean soup, and a makeshift Margharita-style pita pizza!

So the soup is sort of Southwestern-style with chipotle (AH-mazing) and cumin, and the pizza is obviously Italian, but I love ‘em both and don’t care ☺


Here’s the after:


1 pita pocket, 1 Tbsp marinara sauce, 1-2 ounces mozzarella, a sprinkling of dried basil, and some sliced tomatoes. YUMMY!


The soup is rather garlicky (not that I’m complaining because OH.MY.GOSH do I love me some garlic) but if you’re not a fan I’d suggest another option like Amy’s.


I also had this little bite ‘o’ chocolate cake that Nate surprised me with:

(hubba hubba!)

So, I must admit, I’ve been feeling a little down this past week because I feel like my life is über boring. I work 8-5 and then run around like a chicken with my head cut off until bedtime, then start the next day over again. The only thing that varies is the weekend. I just feel like I read all of these blogs by amazing women with exciting lives, where they have time to work out at any point in the day and have lots of time to write cool posts with amazing pictures. I think they call that Blog Envy ☺

One day I’d love to write a book of some kind, and one of the reasons behind this blog is to understand what I want to write about and find out whether my life has any sort of relatable topic. Question: what would you like to see written on this blog?

I’m asking for Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott for Christmas (per Ashley’s suggestion) to hopefully improve my writing and gain more perspective in my thought processes. Hopefully it helps and we’ll see where that takes me!

In the meantime, thank you for stopping by and listening to my yammering about my food and life. I’m so happy I get to share!

2 comments:

  1. I feel ya on the blog envy girl. Not only do some of these women get to workout whenever they want, they also eat delish expensive food. The grass is only greener though. I'm a stay at home mom and would LOVE to be in your shoes. To actually have some routine in my life and to be able to contribute financially.

    I just started following your blog today so I guess I can't really say what I'd like to see written. I think people are drawn to pictures and just everyday stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristen! It's definitely encouraging to know anyone is reading what I write at all! :)

    ReplyDelete