Sunday, December 20, 2009

This One's a Beast!

Hello :)


I totally didn’t mean for this post to be so late in the weekend. Nate’s been trying to convince me to take a break, but this is something I really enjoy doing. PLUS we’ve had a fun weekend, so I am excited to share!


First off, after Festivus on Friday, Nate came over to my office with this massive plate of leftover food:


Apparently everyone was told to take a huge plate of food home so that it wouldn’t go to waste. The drive home was a beast! It normally takes 30 minutes or so, but Friday it took an hour and half. Why? Who knows…I’m pretty sure if someone had figured out the secret of how to keep traffic down to a minimum, it would have been a lot better then. Oh well, we made it and had a chance to relax before we babysat!

Nate ate about half of the plate o’ food on the way home, but sandwiches just didn’t sound great to me, so we picked up Noodles and Company on the way to our pastor’s house. I got the Whole Grain Tuscan Linguine with a small Caesar salad…so yummy!


I love Noodles, and it was so great to decent-sized portions. You can do a “Pick 3” thing where it’s a small bowl of noodles and a small soup/salad, and not completely overwhelm yourself with pasta. Although, to be honest, I don’t mind overwhelming myself with pasta any day of the week :)


Saturday morning, I took my good friend Amy to the airport before taking off to the mountain for our first ski day of the year. On the way back, stopped by Panera Bread for breakfast: a Power Breakfast Sandwich on Whole Grain bread and a small hazelnut coffee!


The sandwich is definitely a favorite of mine. The bread is great, nice and toasty, and it has ham, egg whites, and really sharp cheddar. Oh my gosh the cheddar! There’s not a lot, but the flavor is perfection with the other ingredients.


We drove out to Eldora Mountain Resort, a small mountain outside of Nederland, Colorado.



We get free season ski passes there through the company we work for, so we headed up and ended up skiing for 5-6 hours or so. SO MUCH FUN! I really enjoy skiing, and felt like I was doing pretty well for this only being my second year to do it! I only fell down once, on a black, but it was kind of embarrassing because my skis popped off and my poles flew down the hill. THEN, when I finally got to my stuff, I forgot to pop the binding back, and therefore couldn’t get my ski back on until a ski patrol gal came by to remind me what to do…OOPS!


Since we had the season passes, lunch was free! I had a grilled chicken sandwich with mustard, pickles, lettuce, and tomato, Sunchips (only about half the bag) and an oatmeal raisin cookie. YUM!



I maintain that free food always tastes better than food you pay for (well, most of the time).


After skiing, we had the privilege of coming home to 3 loads of laundry to fold:



At least it’s done now! Saturday night we went and had dinner at one of the breweries close to us, CB & Potts. Last year they had this words-cannot-describe-how-awesome-it-is beer called the Nutcracker Porter. It was like drinking candy…a chocolate/caramel/hazelnut dream! Alas, they didn’t have it this year, so I settled for the Total Disorder Porter (same thing, no hazelnuts):


Then Nate and I split the Monte Cristo sandwich and some fries:


In case you don’t know what a Monte Cristo is (because apparently there are people who don’t), it’s basically a French toast sandwich filled with ham, Gouda, and turkey, dusted with powdered sugar and served with raspberry preserves. Can you say YUM? Granted, not so healthy, but definitely something we were both craving after a long day of skiing and laundry folding excursions.


We got to watch the UT vs Penn State volleyball championships. I love my home state of Texas, but I’m not scared to say that UT’s volleyball team is just about the only UT team I’ll cheer for :) Wreck 'em Tech!


We finished the evening by watching New in Town with Renee Zellweger and Harry Conick, Jr. Don’t you think Nate looks like him?


Except Nate is cuter...so dreamy!


Breakfast this morning was the same oats mixture I had on Friday:


Along with some African nectar:



After church Nate and I went down to Pura Vida in Cherry Creek to shoot some instructional shots for Stacey Lei Krauss, creator of Willpower and Grace, an awesome new workout. You should most definitely check it out because Stacey is a genius!


Dinner, I’m afraid to admit, was at a place that Nate and I love: Cinzetti’s. Now, don’t judge, but we pretty much stuffed ourselves full of Italian delights. Honestly, I don’t even remember what half of the stuff was, but I DO know that I like the arrabiata sauce for the calamari!


The rest of the night is going to consist of us watching Enchanted, folding laundry, and hopefully going to bed early. Lame? Maybe? Exciting? Not really. Necessary? Most definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment