Monday, January 18, 2010

The Second-to-Last

Hey guys!

Kind of an exciting/sad day today! This will be my last official post on this blog :(

BUT I'm very excited about debuting my new blog since it will allow so much more room for growth and will allow more people to leave comments (fingers crossed that you will :)

After church yesterday we went to Chipotle with Amy and some new friends, Joe and Amy (yes, 2 Amys total!) I got a chicken burrito bowl with rice, black beans, chicken, pico de gallo, corn salsa, guac, and lettuce. It took all I could to say no cheese, but I did it!

We all stuck around and talked for a while. I mentioned that now that the snow has melted I was going to go pick up the dog stuff in the yard...buuuuuuuuut, when I got home I just looked at it and then went upstairs for a nap. Oh well, it's fertilizer right?

Nate had some work to do, so we hit up the local Starbucks so I could work on the blog and he could catch up on some other stuff. I had one of these guys:

Which, by the way, are one of my absolute favorite snacks EVER. The problem is I just want more and more and more! A little later we each got a cookie; I got the outrageous oatmeal one:

(please excuse the shakey iPhone pic) It was perfect...just the right amount of sweet I needed!

Last night Nate was at a guys leadership thing with the church, so I was on my own for dinner. I had a grilled chicken breast (cubed) mixed with the leftover bbq sauce from the other night. Piled high on a whole wheat bun with pickles:

While the chicken was warming in the sauce, I also made some hummus for the week in the food processor!

Roasted Red Pepper + Garlic Hummus
  • 2 cans chickpeas
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1/8 cup lemon juice
  • 1/2 bulb of garlic, roasted (break apart the bulb, but leave the skins on the cloves. drizzle with olive oil, then cover in foil - make a pouch around them. start in a cold oven set to 300 and roast for 30 minutes. take out and let cool before handling with your fingers)
  • 2 jarred roasted red peppers
  • salt to taste
Throw it all in the food processor and process for 2-3 minutes until creamy. If you like yours a little chunkier, Estela had a great point to throw in some whole chickpeas at the end. YUM!

Now, I must admit, I didn't feel well yesterday AT ALL, so I ate the rest of this ice cream (~1/2 cup). So sue me. I know Nate wanted to!

Last night we worked on taking pictures for the new blog head and I finished the rest of the medical notes. We were up pretty darn late, and only got 4 hours of sleep. Yikes! Not healthy, but that doesn't happen often!

This morning I did a larger microwave breakfast cookie a la Tina:

I followed her recipe with the exception of flour instead of protein powder, I added dried cranberries, and did the sliced banana on top with PB. SOOO good! I'm thinking I might use this recipe to make a series on the new blog!

Next time you see this blog it will have the link to the new one! EEEK! I'm so excited, and thank you all so much for your input, suggestions, and kind words. I hope to see more of all of y'all at the new one soon!


  1. excited to see the new blog! :)

  2. I'm excited to see what you've been working on!!! We both went to coffee shops to work and took pictures of our food on Apples-that would be the hardware, not the fruit ;-)

  3. Congratulations on the end of a wonderful journey and best wishes on the new one! Can't wait to see what it brings :)