Thursday, January 14, 2010

Eat at Lime

Good morning!

Last time I blogged I was sick and light-headed. Good news my friends! We are now only 1 mile high instead of 2, so I feel much better now. Before we left Winter Park, we ate at Lime.

Lime calls itself an American cantina - not really sure what that means - but it was very good! I maintain that you can always tell a good Mexican/cantina by the salsa:

I wasn't the biggest fan of the chips; they were flour tortilla chips rather than corn chips. The salsa was very good though!

The great thing is that on Thursdays they have $5 mojitos and $5 burritos...lucky day! I didn't venture to get a mojito since I was kind of sick all day, but Nate got one and I had a sip. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but for $5 I'll take it!

The burrito was pretty basic:

We both had shredded chicken, rice, beans, smothered in green chili with melted cheese on top. Not sure healthy, but since it's the $5 special one it wasn't that big. I would have liked some garlic or salt (or both), but otherwise 'twas delish!

We said goodbye to all of our new-found friends and business partners with NAASF, then promptly climbed in the Jeep to head home. On the way to I-70 the road was really windy and made me a tad bit sick to my stomach, but once we got on I-70 it was much better! We got the puppers from Amy (such a great friend!) and came home so that Nate could get to work!

I decided to make this soup that I picked up in Lubbock:

But I made it with ground turkey instead of chicken:

Once I got that simmering away, I made myself a yummy chicken sandwich with leftovers from the other night - whole wheat bun, grilled chicken breast, tomato, lettuce, Mango-Ginger-Habanero sauce, and some gorgonzola!

I also made some pumpkin bread from a Pillsbury quick bread mix:
And banana bread (sorry, it wasn't ready for it's photo op) using this recipe. The only difference is that I didn't use nuts (not everyone at the office likes them) and sprinkled the top with raw sugar. That's a fair trade, right?


Shortly after the soup was done cooking (it had to simmer for 3 hours), we were climbing in bed. After all, we did have to come back to work today!

This morning I made some oats:


In the mix: 1/3 cup oats, 2/3 cup water, 1 banana, 1/3 cup each of yogurt + pumpkin (stirred in at the end), and vanilla + cinnamon (stirred in at the end)

While that was all cooking together, I assembled the ingredients for Tina's 3-Minute Oatmeal Cookie (egg whites + vanilla not pictured). I'm planning on having that bad boy for a snack after my run today:


After breakfast + getting lunch together, I charged out of the house with puppies in hand and hauled it to work! It's Friday, but definitely going to be a multiple-green tea day!


This weekend I'm working 5 hours (order entry season at the company), and then hopefully going hiking! I'm not sure what the weather will look like, and it will likely be freezing, but I've been craving a good hike for so long!

What are you most looking forward to for this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to sleeping and hanging out with Shaun and Lu =D

    ReplyDelete